Monday 14 March 2011

Love and Kisses….

…. Carmen Miranda. Ooo arhhh!
Just a little something I picked up recently. Isn’t she just the bee’s knees?! Thinking back, I’m glad I decided to take her home… you see, I had the choice between a photo of John Gregson, or a photo of the delectable Carmen Veranda (hehe), and as I already have a cut out of John Gregson on my wall, and the fact I don’t want to be constantly reminded about Septic’s tragic end in Angels One Five, I went for Ms Miranda.
Seeing CM every morning when I wake, will cheer me up no end- I’m sure!

Couldn’t resist doing some more photographic nonsense, so Tickety here went and had a rummage through her scarf collection, pinning a few whatnots here and there in homage to the lady in the tutti frutti hat!
Just a bit of Fun!

* I would have flattened off my curly top, but it’s the first day of my weekly set and I didn’t want to go against the wave!*




beads galore...



Secretly I wish I could shimmy around in an outfit adorned with countless spangles, big shoulders, sporting a bare midriff, and wearing long skirts with cheeky splits…donning countless turbans or natty hats, all worn whilst fluttering some false eyelashes and doing some fancy foot work in a nifty pair of platform shoes,…but alas, I cant- I am too long and stringy with no rhythm or outfits to match, so such flamboyant fancies would be wasted! Ah well, a girl can dream…

Ta Ta all
Tups x

8 comments:

  1. I love Carmen Miranda, the costumes and headdresses are so vibrant. I also love the way she was funny and sexy before it was OK for most stars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John Gregson or Carmen Miranda? that certainly is a dilemma. I would probably have had to have BOTH.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh love the combination of the fruit and the beads!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, how fun! Carmen Miranda was so vivacious! Here's to a summer filled with bright Carmen-inspired accessories galore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this post!! :) And am intrigued by how you set your hair :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun! You look adorable.
    I totally want a Carmen outfit, too. LOVE her musicals :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! I've nominated you for an award - check out http://nicoleneedles.blogspot.com/2011/03/7-things.html

    ReplyDelete

Ta very much for your messages folks!

Tickety Boo Tupney xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...