Friday 10 February 2012

The Flying Knitting Pattern Man.

^ thats the title for my first musical- I'm sure it will be a hit! ;)

Well me folkies, I have very little to waffle about, so I thought I will show you something of little interest or use!

A while ago I bought a rather interesting photo album recording the road trip of a young couple and their Morris Minor, showing their travels from Gibraltar to the Uk.
Well, I’m not showing you the Gib photos (yet!), though I will show you another photo that was found in the same album, but in negative form.
There were several intriguing negatives teasing me with shadowy outlines of dishy airmen, a Morris Eight and a Hurricane! (I would say these negatives are a sign. Don’t ask me what kind of a sign, as I couldn’t say, but I do like Hurricanes, we have a Morris eight and I like seeing photos of dashing young RAF chaps too!)

Luckily for Tupney here, I have family in the ‘know’ and I was able to get these negatives scanned, so I now have them as proper snaps! All rather Tickety Boo!
One of my new snaps immediately reminded me of wartime knitting pattern I have. The men pictured are rather alike, don’t you think? Ok, they aren’t identical, but quite similar! If I found out that they were the same, then I would probably hyperventilate.  Knitting + RAF chappy = one extremely happy girl…. No, no, wait…. Knitting + RAF chappy + expert ukulele player = perfection and one keeled over Tupney! (Yes, I’m odd, but just you wait- I have a feeling that there is such a man out there!)
Anyway, I shall leave you to gaze upon the men in question, as I have to go and and pin up my hair…
Lovely man A.

Lovely man B. with nice cardigan!


Over and Out!
Tupps xxxxxxx

5 comments:

  1. I quite fancy Gentleman A. He reminds me of our Patrick in his RAF uniform. Swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing to find, hope you share the pics. I could spend hours looking at old 'photos, poring over history so to speak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that photo album sounds amazing! I agree both chaps are rather dashing, and I am sure your
    Knitting+RAF+Yuke player is definitely out there somewhere, if I find him on my travels I'll certainly send him your way:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twins, maybe? Desperately looking forward to the road trip snaps, are the outfits just as fantastical as I'm thinking?

    ReplyDelete

Ta very much for your messages folks!

Tickety Boo Tupney xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...