Friday 7 September 2012

RAF Friday- One Mans Photo's.

I only ever buy things that really appeal to me, and that is why I had to have these snaps when I saw them bundled up in a display case. There was me thinking that they would be horrendously expensive, but thankfully (praise the RAF Gods) they were not- I think I must have got mates rate... well, "it’s that girl, you know, the one that bought...."rates anyway!

There are too many to post in one go (I'm now getting a bit fed up with the sight of the scanner), so here are a few of my favourites (more can be found on my FB Page).
I can't really tell you anything about them I'm afraid. I don't have a clue who "myself" is, meaning the "J.E.B" fella, not.. I don't know who I am!!! All I do know is that he was in the RAF, stationed out in Alexandria in '46, had some mates called Nobby, Den, Shorty and Dick, and that he had nice squiffy hair. (got to love a squiffy hairdo)
Hope you like them....
 


 
"Myself"  AC J.E.B
 
Aircraftman J.E.B.


 
Myself, Nobby, Den and Shorty.
 
 
 
JEB - Shorty - Den       JEB - Nobby - Den
 


 How snazzy are Dens Shades... Very!


JEB ---?---?---
 
 


"The temperature falls to a mere 75°F!!??
 Den and myself outside our tent.
May 1946."
 
 
 
"Rhythm Boys".
Den, Nobby, Norman, Shorty and myself in a musical presentation.
 
:)


 

Nobby "threatens" me after I had attempted to "throw him into the sea".
Den looks surprised at Shorty's snappy camera work.
R.Y. Club Egypt, Alex.

 


October 1946 7
Aboard the "Clan lamont".
Norman, Jack, I and Joe in characteristic position on the deck. Life jackets used as cushions- can just be seen. I had been writing a letter and have also my history book. We were all very content. My boots would pass inspection by the CSM, but their size is disproportioned by the camera.
 
Well thats all I can be bothered to do for now... I know, I know- Bad attitude. Bad Tupney!
Like I said before, there are more on the TBT Facebook Page, so why not have a gander and feast you eyes upon the lovely Den.... ahem, I mean... oh just go and look! ; )
 
Happy RAF Friday me Lovelies
 
Tickety Boo Tupney
xxx
 
***
RAF Friday so far....

4 comments:

  1. Lovely. there's always one called Shorty, isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I love their names! Nobby and shorty! :D Such an interesting look at everyday history x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them and once again, how sad that they ended up abandoned somewhere. I always wonder if they made it home when I see photos like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a marvelous find, made all the more fantastic by the fact that you were able to pick them up at a very decent price. One of my paternal great-grandfathers and his brother served in the Canadian military during WW2 (sadly his brother was killed in action), and while these shots of UK chaps, I like to think they're similar to ones that very easily could have been taken of either of them as well.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Ta very much for your messages folks!

Tickety Boo Tupney xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...