Wednesday 10 December 2014

Baubles and Bobbles!

 
 
Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah! The Christmas tree is up and decked with an abundance of baubles!
I’m also up and covered (thankfully) in woolly baubles- a little less sparkly and pretty, I grant you, but still marginally dashing in its own way… I hope?!

This is my most recent knit (we’ll forget about the Swimsuit, as it still needs a few finishing touches!), and was started and finished back in August/ September.
I’m struggling to remember back to August, so I have no idea how long it took to knit- All I know is that it didn’t take me too long!




I must admit that I was a little daunted by this pattern. Yes it is a simple pattern to knit, but oh! All that stocking stitch! Have I ever told you that I HATE knitting stocking stitch? Well, I do. I have shied away from it from the word go. I have a great fear of a mass of uneven stitches, and often had trouble in the past with keeping the plain knitting looking nice and even. Luckily I managed to keep the knitting in this jumper relatively neat. Be proud of me people!
 


I used a couple of balls of Stylecraft Life from the stash. I thought this pretty purple would be a rather nice addition to my wardrobe.



To the detaily (I know, not a word!) bits....

 
Pretty bobbles around the neck- so cute!
 
 
 
^ This stocking stitch is SO neat for me! 


 
And I just adore the lattice and bobbly bits...sigh.

 
The sleeve showing a bit of the twisted rib...
 

 
I bought modern buttons for the Jumper-Cardigan as it needed 11. Ugh! Eleven buttons to sew on- that was fun... NOT!

Close up of my jingly jangly bits.

***
 
And FINALLY  (sorry) three showing me baubles off...




I'll be back soon with some more Christmassy bits (vintage of course!) and perhaps even a RAF Friday!
 
 
Cheerio for now,
 
T xxx


22 comments:

  1. Wonderful knit! You can be proud of you! I hope I'll made one like this one day!
    And with the skirt, it's very nice.
    PS: My english is not very good, excuse-me, I'm french and I learn english only at school, so it's been a long time! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize at first that the first photo was of you - I thought it was a vintage one. I love it when people can put together a look like that, it's amazing.
    Impressive knitting, I would love to be able to do something like that. I really like the purple sweater with the green skirt; it's suprisingly festive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! I'm just getting interested in vintage knitting...I don't even know how to knit at all yet...but seeing you projects is so inspiring. This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely sweater Tickety! And you, afraid of stocking stitch?! Impossible! When you have whipped up such other lovely, amazing pieces, that I couldn't even imagine trying to knit just yet, and I being relegated to just the stocking/rib variety of knitting stitches. Lucky you!

    Cheers!

    Brigid
    the Middle Sister and Singer

    P.S. I'm so glad you are posting again! You have been missed in the blogging world as of late!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't see any of your photos :( but it sounds lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, beautiful knit! I love the buttons that you put on as well, they compliment the cardigan perfectly. The bobbles are darling and so cute, and wow! How neat is your stocking stitch! It looks great, you did a superb job with it. :D ❤

    xox,
    bonita of Lavender & Twill

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely, I wish I could knit, but I get confused by patterns which isn't a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so clever. Such a beautiful cardigan and I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh nineteen forties knits are my favorite items of clothing ever, and you wear this one so well! Amazing job, I wish I could knit as you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a lovely pattern, it looks marvellous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous jumper, looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a spectacular sweater! And what a glorious color too!

    xoxo
    -Janey

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dear gal, what a seriously splendid holiday ensemble. Your sweater is charming, cozy and all kinds of lovely. It's great to see that you're so into the holiday season this year. I'm sure this post will help inspire those who may be feeling a little off the mark there at the moment get in the festive mood.

    Tons of hugs & joyful Christmas wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I just love bobbles (& baubles!) What a lovely knit. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks fabulous!! It looks so cozy, and I love the design, it's so unique!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's such a lovely woollie. It really suits you.

    Have a great Christmas, Tups!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That looks lovely and I love the brooch too!

    ReplyDelete

Ta very much for your messages folks!

Tickety Boo Tupney xxx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...